Cloud Provisioning with abrideanProvisor
The term “cloud” comes from the use of a cloud symbol on schematic diagrams torepresent the amorphous complexity of public telephone networks and more recently the Internet.
In an effort to develop a common definition of cloud computing, the National Institute of Standards and Technology drafted the following:
"Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.”
DRAFT "NIST Cloud Computing Definition", NIST SP 800-145
The definition goes on to describe three different service models, including Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS):
“The capability provided to the consumer is to use the provider’s applications running on a cloud infrastructure. The applications are accessible from various client devices through a thin client interface such as a Web browser (e.g., Web-based email). The consumer does not manage or control the underlying cloud infrastructure including network, servers, operating systems, storage, or even individual application capabilities, with the possible exception of limited user-specific application configuration settings.”
Over the last decade abridean has developed and refined provisioning solutions for large scale hosted service providers and enterprisesthat operate “in the cloud”. Some key elements of our solutions include:
- Integrated delegated administration for user and resource management
- Web based user interface for managers -inside and outside the data centre
- Auditable account creation and updates to support service level agreements
- Proven ability to handle large numbers of user accounts
- A rich API that enables automated provisioning
- Support for Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010, and other applications including SharePoint, Office Communications Server and RIM BlackBerry Enterprise Server
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.877.520.4277.